Master's thesis: Data access paradigms in enterprise software development
Many (enterprise) applications use the Spring framework. Accessing relational databases is typically done with Spring Data and/or JPA. However, there are other approaches using different paradigms, like jOOQ, Exposed and QueryDSL. The suitability of these alternatives for enterprise applications is not a given. You will be working towards a model that helps us assess these topics.Solliciteer direct
- Software engineering
What do you get
- A challenging assignment within a practical environment
- € 1000 compensation, € 500 + lease car or € 600 + living space
- Professional guidance
- Courses aimed at your graduation period
- Support from our academic Research center at your disposal
- Two vacation days per month
What you will do
- 65% Research
- 10% Analyze, design, realize
- 25% Documentation
Firstly, we are looking for an overview of the different methods of data access, and the paradigms that can be identified. Next, a metamodel is needed to assess the suitability of an approach for enterprise software development. We want to know which factors are important for this assessment and what weight these factors should have.
Finally we want to apply this model on data access or object/relational mapping paradigms. When should we choose which approach? What considerations should an architect make before deciding on a solution?
About Info Support Research Center
We anticipate on upcoming and future challenges and ensures our engineers develop cutting-edge solutions based on the latest scientific insights. Our research community proactively tackles emerging technologies. We do this in cooperation with renowned scientists, making sure that research teams are positioned and embedded throughout our organisation and our community, so that their insights are directly applied to our business. We truly believe in sharing knowledge, so we want to do this without any restrictions.
Read more about Info Support Research here.
What does Info Support offer you during your graduation period?
Of course, we offer you an excellent package of graduation conditions with various options. These include:
- Laptop, all necessary tools, and development environments to successfully carry out your assignment
- A graduation allowance, where you have the choice of:
- € 1000 gross per month
- € 500 gross per month + lease car with fuel card
- € 600 gross per month + accommodation in Veenendaal
During your graduation internship, you will be included in one of our business units and in our Research Center. This will give you a good understanding of the developments within our projects and our research projects.
In addition, Info Support offers you:
- A challenging master’s thesis at a solid, growing, and financially healthy company
- Professional and experienced guidance, hybrid working
- A graduation program with, among other things, training sessions, knowledge evenings, project visits, activities, and team, unit, and company outings
- Experimentation with new products and releases that are in the pre-release phase
- Brainstorming with other graduates and IT colleagues who are collegial and passionate
- Potential for a permanent position in our IT Top Traineeship program!
About Info Support
Info Support specializes in custom software, data/AI solutions, management, and training and is active in the Finance, Industry, Agriculture, Food & Retail, Mobility & Public, and Healthcare sectors. We provide solid and innovative solutions for complex and critical software issues. Our headquarters are located in Veenendaal (NL) and Mechelen (BE). At present, approximately 500 employees are employed by Info Support.
Info Support’s working method is characterized by a number of core values: solidity, integrity, craftsmanship, and passion. These core values are intertwined in our work and the way we interact with each other. This year, we were also named a Top Employer in the Netherlands!
To ensure that all employees are always up to date with the latest developments, Info Support has an in-house knowledge center that eagerly satisfies the hunger for more or different knowledge and skills.
Na je sollicitatie plannen we iets in en bespreken je (studie) loopbaan, interesses en ambities. We vertellen je over Info Support en jij kan al je vragen stellen.
Gaan we verder? Dan doe je een assessment van je professionele kennis en persoonlijkheid (capaciteit, competenties en motieven).
Vervolgens plannen we een selectie interview waarin we dieper ingaan op je professionele kennis en je persoonlijkheid.
De ondertekening van een contract
Verloopt alles positief dan ontvang je een contractaanbieding. Zijn we het eens? Dan starten we de pre-employment screening en nodigen we je uit voor de tekenmomenten.